Tuesday, October 13, 2009

One Week To Go

It has been awhile since I've updated. Life has still been a crazy roller coaster ride. After being told for 5 1/2 weeks that the "check is in the mail" from unemployment we suddenly got a letter saying they would NOT being giving Mark any money at all. We jumped through so many hoops for them and then we were slapped with this. They are not giving him money because he quit his job. Yeah, he quit because he had a new, better job lined up. It was not his fault that the job fell through. Needless to say our situation is not good. I pretty much spent the day crying when we received this letter. I still have no idea how we are going to get to the hospital next week. Or how Mark is going to be able to stay with me up there since we won't have money to feed him. I stress about this constantly. Someone commented on one of my posts that if all my problems were financial then I have no problems at all. I think that is probably one of the most insensitive things someone could say to me right now. I am a week away from giving birth and I have no money. None. I cannot pay bills. We are close to losing our home and car. I can't even get my kids winter coats, boats, hats etc. Just got the shut-off notice for the electric....but yeah I have no problems.

A week and a half ago my mom took me to my doctor appointment. I finally saw my doctor. I was a bit annoyed though. She was a little testy with me for not having been there in over month. I explained our situation and that I just couldn't afford to come up. She seemed to understand and then she went on and on about how I HAD to come the next week. I did not want to come in but since I had to be in town for the Maternity Prepared Stay at the hospital I said I would but only if she could get me in on that day. Of course it was a day she would not be in so once again I was going to be seeing someone new. In case you are wondering the MPS is something the hospital there requires. You come in and sign paperwork and if you've never been there you get a tour of the maternity ward. Since I am having a planned c-section I had to sign all the paperwork for that. Plus I filled in part of the baby's birth certificate.

At my next appointment I had to see the mid-wife. I was just annoyed to be seeing yet another different person. I arrived twenty minutes early for my appointment. The hospital appointment was scheduled for an hour and a half later. Plenty of time...right? I sat and waited and waited. An hour and twenty minutes later I went to the window to tell them I had to leave. Suddenly they could get me in. I explained why I had to leave and I was assured that they would be quick. I waited in the exam room another five minutes. I had just gotten up to leave when the mid-wife came in. She didn't know anything about me at all because...THEY LOST MY CHART!!!! They could not find it anywhere! When I left they still did not have it. Oh but they did call the hospital to tell them that I was running late. Me? I was not the one running late!!!!! Needless to say I was not happy.

I hate to keep going on and on with my crappy life. Stay with me....I'll try to come up with happier news. A week and a half ago my hubby was given an interview with a company about 45 minutes from here. He seemed to impress them with his skills and experience. They said they wanted to hire him and that he would start this past Monday. We were sooooo excited! Granted he wouldn't get paid for two weeks but he got a job!!!!! On Friday they said to call Monday and they would have him come up and get a truck and get on the road. Mark called all day Monday and all day today. No one has answered and no one has called back. Okay....if you changed your mind or if the plan has changed then why can't you let us know this?????!!!! We were just so thrilled. Happy days last week and because Mark was about to be gainfully employed we were able to get some help from Salvation Army. They said they would pay two months of our back rent and one car payment since Mark would need the car to get to work. Yay! Plus we were able to get the cable/internet extended. It was about to be shut off at the pole but they were willing to wait because of the new job. Now all these things are in jeopardy because of these people. We have internet until Monday so it is back to frantically searching for a new job. Oh and Michigan leads the country in unemployment. Yay! (that's sarcastic in case ya couldn't tell)

As for good news....it's surprising how when your life in falling apart "friends" suddenly disappear. People stop commenting on your blog. People stop talking to you on Facebook. Even family can't be bothered to care. No one wants to hear about your troubles. And then.....there are people that surprise you with support. People you've never met sending you prayers, kind words, and sharing their own stories. Some family sends a huge box of diapers and wipes. My mom who has no money helps where she can. A sweet friend drops off formula, diapers and some money to help with gas. I am truly grateful for these people.

I've been worried about how my mom is going to cope with my kids while I am in the hospital. They are very energetic. My brother Pete said he would come up and help her. I was thrilled with that idea because they love him and he is very protective. He cannot come up now though, he finally got a job here in Michigan. I am happy for him but I wish it started a week later ;-) Oddly enough another person is going to help my mom. My father called her and offered his help with the kids. I am surprised that they both are willing to be in the same house for days at a time, but I am relieved that my mom will have some help.

Henry has been enjoying preschool. The other day he told me that he loves it. He brings home his projects and I hang them on the fridge. He is reciting the alphabet although he gets mixed up and he is learning songs. I am thrilled to have him there!

We have moved Irene into Henry's old toddler bed so that the baby can have the crib. It is decorated in trucks. She doesn't seem to mind though. She has been a stinker. She gets up and roams around her room getting into things. She piles every stuffed animal onto the bed then yells for daddy that she can't get back in.

The countdown is on for this baby. I am excited to meet him. I am grateful for many things in my life, children, hubby, some family. I just stressed about everything though and keep wondering when we'll get a break.

And to my sweet friend Shannon...I am sooooooo happy and excited for you and Warren!!!!

3 comments:

Lori Anne Haskell said...

someone SAID that to you on this blog? WTH? I ageee that some things might be worse, like death or health problems, but HELLO, your concerns are extremely valid and troubling. How rude of whomever said that.

Anyway, I am thinking of you and sending job vibes to Mark. Hugs.

Oh, and I love hearing Henry pre-school stories. It's so kewl how much he loves to learn.

Nicole said...

Thank you Lori!!! Send good job thoughts our way! I might have some good news tomorrow to share!!! And yes, things could be worse...I realize this but holy cow I thought our troubles were pretty darn valid.
glad you like the preschool stories. Today Henry ran to his teacher and gave her a big hug. It makes my heart happy :)

Shannon said...

Hope you have good news to share! Thanks for the congrats! I am very excited for you too! Less than a week to go! Hang in there...I know it HAS to get better! I can't believe both of your parents are going to watch the kiddos together...that's amazing! See you soon!