Sunday, December 13, 2009

Santa Time!

Last night we took Henry and Irene to the Santa Train. It was very cold so we had Gavin stay at home with Grandma. Santa came in on the caboose, waving to the crowd. Mrs. Claus and some elves passed out candy canes and mini flashlights (which the kids love). From the top of the caboose they handed out frisbees...I caught one with my head ;) There was a Christmas tree in a car of the train. It was decorated with lights. The caboose and engine were decorated as well.

Santa was very patient and talked to each child and took pictures. Henry said he wanted Transformers. I am not sure what Irene asked for. After we talked to Santa we got free hot chocolate and cookies from the Boyer Agency. It was very much needed since we were all cold. It was a great time though and I hope they do it again next year!

5 comments:

Scoobyloves2004 said...

Very cool!! Wish we had something like that here. So you have the Transformers curse too...so sorry to hear that!!LOL

P.S. Love the cat!!!

Jo said...

OH, that looks absolutely WONNNNNDERFUL...!!! I love doing stuff like that. I am a kid at heart, and I love taking the Munchkins to everything.

I love the little pink polka dot outfit. Gorgeous!

Shannon said...

so cute!

Land of shimp said...

Oh so pretty and festive! What a cheering, and delightful thing to share, thank you for it!

Your kids look like they are absolutely enthralled, and I love the fact that Santa comes in on a train!

What a lovely lift to the spirits.

Nicole said...

Thank you ladies! It was such a fun time and I hope they remember it and I nhope the city does it again next year!
And yes...transformers! Ugh. But it is the first time he has been interested in them so Santa may pick up a few.