Friday, August 20, 2010

Nothing Will Ever Be Right With My World

My mother died very unexpectedly on Sunday, August 15. She was only 62. I've lost my best friend. Nothing will ever be right in my world again.

I don't know when I'll be able to write again. Life is just not the same and we have a lot of life changing decisions to make. I'm hoping to someday feel up to posting.

3 comments:

Lori Anne Haskell said...

Im so sorry, Nicole. There is nothing I can even think of to say, as my Mom is my best friend too and I know i would feel something similar. All I can say is HUGS and love you.

Essie said...

Nicole, my prayers are with you. Love those sweet little babies of yours, and look up knowing she is in heaven and loves you the way only a mother can.

Land of shimp said...

Nicole, I am so sorry for your loss. Those are just words, and they do very little, but they are sincerely meant. I came right here after reading your comment, realizing that you had to have experienced a loss.

Yes, the fabric of your life has changed and the world has been made different. It will never be the same, but please believe me, it can still be good and even eventually happy. It will happen in unexpected ways. Your reality is different, and for that I am so sorry. My dad died very suddenly when I was fifteen. My husband's dad was killed in an accident eight years ago.

You do go through this period of thinking, "This is it. From this point forward, nothing will be quite the same." and it's true...but it will become bearable, and there will be joy, and love.

I don't know what you believe, and I'm not a religious person, but I do believe that love never dies, and you will see your mom again.

May there be balm for your soul, and may great love surround you, now and always.

It's okay to grieve for those we love, I hope your pain lessens. Please know you are being thought of, and about.

Alane