School starts in a week. Gavin will be in Kindergarten this year. All three kids will be out of the house at the same time. I can't even remember the last time I went grocery shopping alone. It will be very weird. And kinda lonely.
The kids are going to a new school this year. All three will be in the same school so drop off and pick up will be easy. Our commute will be 15-20 minutes versus the 5 minutes of years past. Still, the change is for the best and it took all summer to get it straightened out. Henry was being viciously bullied (physically and verbally) at the other school. The principal did absolutely nothing to help the situation. I finally said I would call the police the next time something happened. I applied for an in-district transfer for all three kids. We are all hopeful that this year and school will be much better.
I am still nervous, though. Gavin will have a huge change since he is used to being alone with me. Our summer did not go as I had hoped, so the tutoring and studying did not happen as much as it should have. We're working on it though.
Not much new beyond the school situation. We did have bats in the house twice in one week a few weeks ago. That was horrifying. Mark did a lot of work trying to find where they were getting in. Lot's of holes filled. I am still paranoid though.
On that note, I am off to organize school supplies for the Meet-the-Teacher night tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment