Thursday, October 26, 2017

I'll Huff and I'll Puff!

Wednesday started off fairly decently...until it was time to get dressed for school. Then Gavin dug his heels in and that was that. There was no getting dressed, I hate school, my tummy hurts, stomp-stomp. Monday and Tuesday had been good days for him. He did well, was in a good mood, but Wednesday was just not happening.

I kept Gavin home. Unhappily. However, I just couldn't justify manhandling him into clothes and shoes, and then just dropping him at the curb at school. His bad day would start before he even walked through the door. We did managed to do spelling work and read, so at least a little bit of learning happened. Today he was much more willing to go to school since the second grade was going on a field trip at an apple orchard. I'm hopeful that the day continues to go well.

Tomorrow his teacher will not be at school. Gavin does not always do well with substitutes since they don't do things exactly like the teacher. However, his teacher has angered me a bit by asking me, twice, if I wanted to keep him home tomorrow. I adamantly do not want to keep him home. These absences do count against him. Pretty soon the school system will be sending me a letter about the number of absences the student is allowed to have...blah blah blah. The only I way I will keep him home at the behest of the school is if they clear his absences, otherwise this child is going. And let's not forget that he is there to actually learn things. It's not just a playdate.

And so we go on...a lot of hot air to be had by all.

No comments: