Sunday, March 15, 2009

Round 'em Up

On Saturday we went to Preschool round-up. I was excited to go to meet the teacher and ask questions. I have been worried about the best place to send Henry in the fall. In the end I decided on the same place I went to Preschool. I loved it there and have many very happy memories. Plus I like the way they deal with any tantrums/quarrels. The other place I checked out had a different discipline method that I wasn't to keen on.

I was surprised and very pleased with the amount of people we knew there. There were at least 4 families that we know. Granted they might not all decide to go there but I am sure a few will and that will be great.

Irene and Henry had a great time playing with all the toys and meeting the teacher and assistant. Henry did not want to share the big truck with another boy even though at the time Henry was not playing with it. I went over but so did the teacher and she handled it beautifully. She said that this is why we go to preschool-to learn to share/get along.

The only bad part of the entire time was when we decided to leave. Henry threw a huge fit because he didn't want to go. I ended up in the hallway with him trying to calm him down. My mom gathered up Irene who also threw a fit...she didn't want to leave either! If she was only 1 month older I could enter into the little kids class. Anyway I made Henry go back inside to thank the teacher and say goodbye.

The good thing is Henry keeps asking to go back. I think he'll really like it. Now we just wait until the fall!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

yay for Henry, and for YOU! It will be a nice break to only have one home even if it is only for a short time! I am glad Henry likes it there!

Jen said...

Oh how exciting! Henry will have such a great time in preschool. It will be a nice little break during the day for both of you! I am happy you found a preschool. Yay!!!!