We have officially reached the critical stage of lack of money versus bills. I find it almost amusing that when I say we have no money people take this to mean that I actually have money but I am being a drama queen. No, seriously, we have no money.
The gas light is now on in our car. So no more transportation. I am going to have to walk across town twice a day to get Henry to school. I am not sure I'll be able to do it. 34 1/2 weeks pregnant makes it hard to walk long distances comfortably. Of course there is no way we'll be able to pay October's tuition for Henry so I am going to have to break his heart at the end of the month when I tell him he can't go back.
I had to cancel another doctor's appointment. I am praying that the baby is doing well and that this won't come back to bite me in the butt...BUT what can I do? Oh and on the doctor front... Another amusing story from the land a Medicaid. I was told I needed to switch doctors because they could not find a primary care physician for me in our county or the next county above ours. This is after I was forced to pick this health plan because they had a secret cut off date for the health plan we needed. The health plan I am on is the only other one that my ob/gyn takes. Once again I tried to explain that I am five weeks away from delivery by c-section. Who would take me now. And surprise surprise!!! This woman actually was smart and said yeah...no one would take me now. So I get whatever doctor they can find that takes this crappy health plan and is taking new patients. Of course the doctor might be on the other side of the state since NO ONE in a 75 mile radius is taking new patients with this health plan. I am hoping to never need a primary care physician but you never know.
The kind women at the Lighthouse Pregnancy Center gave us diapers for Irene today. This morning we put on the very last diaper we had. Some day I am hoping to be able to repay their kindness. The people at FiveCap think they'll be able to pay one months back rent for us. They might have a program that can help with September and October's rent. We sent the paperwork to the landlord and are hoping he'll take this and understand we are trying to find ways to pay him.
We want to have a yard sale. We have a nice fridge and a dishwasher sitting in my mom's garage. The best part is....we can't get her garage door opened. She hit it during the winter and knocked the track away from the frame. The door has given up and will not open. Mark and I tried to get it up but I wasn't much help and after spent the night with a sore belly. Decided I would not try again since early labor would not be good. Mark has decided to sell his Playstation 3. He hasn't played it in a ling time since he was always on the road. My brother was going to buy it (we are including the games, controllers, and 11 ps2 games). We were super excited thinking we'd get a little money and pay some bills...but...in typical Williams Family Style...he has decided not to. Well...poop.
Mark has applied for at least a job a day. Michigan has a severe shortage of jobs. We are willing to move if need be. Still no unemployment. I know that we are healthy and our children are healthy. Our situation could be much worse. But it is hard to see the positives when each day brings another kick to the head.
Now that you've been kind enough to listen to my whining let's see if I can find something positive to report. Henry really loves school. He has been learning songs and the letters a,b,c. They are also learning about the color red. I had to keep him home yesterday due to a cold and cough. He was not happy about that. He is looking forward to tomorrow. Below are pictures from his second day. Irene has to wear her backpack every time we take him. And yes, they are saying cheese in these pictures. If you bring out a camera they start saying cheese like crazy.

5 comments:
Do you still want to sell the playstation? How much? And, what size diapers is Irene in? If you still need some, I know someone...
I wish I could help. I am praying for you and for your family. I hope your Dad wakes up soon and realizes that he needs to live in the real world!
When is Henry's b-day?
Miss you!
Matt bought the playstation! And H-man's bday is the 22nd.
Miss you too..it's been a very long while since we've talked. Do you think you'll be able to come visit me in the hospital???
Nicole I am so sorry to hear what you guys are going through. Sean and I have been through the same thing twice. We were actually evicted from our home 2 days after I gave birth to Fionn 2 years ago and were litteraly homeless, sitting in our car with no place to go. Thank the Lord for my Mother at the time. Its so hard when you lose a job and can't find work. You and your family are in my prayers. Keep your faith!!!!
Arley,
Thank you so much for your kind words and your prayers! It means a lot. I appreciate you sharing your past troubles with me, it gives me hope for our future.
I am five weeks from the birth of this little one and I am trying not to stress too much. I am amazed that you are homeschooling two little boys while taking care of your little ones AND being so close to your due date. I don't know how you do it!
God Bless!
Oh, Nicole, I hope things turn around for you, and soon. I've been in your position (well, not exactly, but I know what it's like to struggle financially). It's terribly stressful.
I know it doesn't make things any better, but I want to say two things. One is if all your problems can be fixed with money, you don't have any problems. The other is, this too shall pass.
Your babies are beautful and healthy. That's what counts.
All the best to you.
XOXO
Linda
Post a Comment