Monday, October 6, 2008

Thank God it was Friday!

After a hellish week I was lucky enough to have a great friend take me out to the bar. My darling Shannon and I went out Friday night. My kind mother took care of the kiddies allowing me the chance to relax and have grown up talk. I drove to Shannon's new house and got the grand tour. I also met Peanut, a very cute doggie that I think has the hots for me. Shannon says he humps everyone but I am sure I am special...not just another leg. I love Shannon's house. It has a lot of room and is going to be a great place for Shannon and her husband to live. After the tour we went to McManigals, a bar down by Morton Salt. I am not a big drinker. I rarely drink since I have to be the one to function and take care of the kids each day (hubby is on the road) so it was a big deal. We both had a "rum runner" which is a mini pitcher of lots of rum and some fruity drink. I don't know what's in it besides that but it sure was good! After that we decided to just talk and not drink anymore. It was so great to talk about all the crazy crap going on right now and it was even better to hear someone else's stories. I love when other people have messed up relatives and can relate to my nutty family. We decided to have one more drink which later turned out to be not such a good idea. Shannon ordered us vanilla vodka and cranberry juice. Wow! For one I did not know you could get vanilla vodka and two it was sooo yummy! I highly recommend it. Anyway we left after that drink. It was a late night out for me which ended at 11pm. Yeah...late. It was such a fabulous time and a well needed break from the crazy life. Thank you Shannon!
But.....the next day.....I woke up with a bad headache and a yucky tummy. It was not the worst or even near the worst hangover I ever had (I used to party when I was young and stupid) but it was unexpected. You'd think I would have known it would happen but it has been a long time since I had that much to drink and really didn't know what I could handle. Thankfully my mom let me sleep a bit and was a great help with the kids. We didn't do much that day since it was yet another grey, wet day. It was a good day anyway. My mom can be cool when she wants.
I have a better mind set for the start of the week now.
My dog Chang and Mom's dog Heinz snooze together.

Grandma's favorite poochie Heinz a.k.a. Heiny

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't find another place that makes Rum Runners like McManigals! They're the best!

Nicole said...

It was very good!!! Glad to see someone else likes them too!