Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Our New Year's Eve was a very quiet one. Surprisingly Mark was home with us which we did not expect. My mom was off from work but she stayed home because she was cold and didn't want to go out. No big deal. Mark made us spaghetti for dinner which the kids barely touched. Unusual since they both normally love it. After we put the kids to bed Mark made me a Manhattan to drink. Then he played on the computer and I read and watched tv. Pete called from C-ville...Ashley had fallen asleep by 9pm and I think he was bored. I didn't think Mark and I would actually stay up to watch the ball drop and all that but we did. Then bed. Exciting!!
The next day we had to drive Mark to Grand Rapids. He had a load to deliver to Canada. Poor Henry did not want his daddy to go back to work. He kept saying "daddy stay home pleeease". It broke my heart. I told Mark no more three weeks out at a time. It's too hard on all of us. Thankfully the roads were terrific all the way down and back. I was so worried about that since we had the kids with us. It started to snow almost the second I parked the van at home. But since I had prayed for good weather/roads just until I got home I couldn't complain.

Oh yeah...the Weinermobile was parked where my husband parks his truck. Loved it! Henry called it the hot dog vroom vroom and was still talking about it today. So cool!

We wish everyone a Happy New Year! Hope it's a good one!

No comments: