Friday, November 25, 2011

Ugh!

Through all this uncertainty I have been trying to keep positive. Right now, I am finding it rather hard to not cry. A black crayon went through the wash today and has coated our dryer in black goo. Unfortunately, the children's clothes were in the dryer with the crayon. School clothes, play clothes, pajamas, socks, underwear all coated in black crayon.

I have no idea how to fix this. I have no money and there is no way I can replace all the ruined clothing. Plus, what happens the next time I use the dryer? Will the next load be coated in black? Of course, I cannot afford to go to the laundromat to dry clothes.

I'm finding it hard to be thankful or cheerful right now.


Edited to add: My mother-in-law came over with a lot of goo gone spray and a tooth brush. She helped scrub the clothes and the clothes are in the washer soaking. I am hoping this works! The dryer is still coated but we dried some of Mark's clothes in it and they came out (as far as we could see) clean. Mine are in there now so we shall see. I have some pretty wonderful friends that gave some suggestions to me through Facebook. I am no longer on the verge of tears.

No comments: